Pitch AgriHack 2022juin 23, 2022
AGRF and Heifer International launch Pitch AgriHack 2022.
Pitch AgriHack is a digital agriculture competition focused on accelerating entrepreneurial growth and job creation in the agriculture sector by leveraging advanced technologies and youth participation in Africa’s food security agenda.
This eighth edition of Pitch AgriHack invites African businesses to pitch their approach to driving technological innovation in the agriculture sector. Generation Africa, a thematic platform of the AGRF will host the competition, which is sponsored by global development organization Heifer International.
The competition provides cash prizes to innovators driving increased use of technology and job creation across the agricultural sector in Africa.
The open competition portion of Pitch AgriHack 2022 will support companies that are driving innovation in agriculture across three categories with prizes totaling US$45,000:
A fourth invite-only category, known as the AYuTe Africa Challenge, sponsored by Heifer International, will award up to US$1.5 million in grants to scalable ventures that are already generating measurable impact for Africa’s smallholder farmers.
Six winners will be selected from the open-application categories and two winners from the invite-only AYuTe Africa Challenge category. The winners will be announced at the AGRF Summit which takes place September 5-9 in Kigali.
Top contestants will receive a one-day boot camp in preparation for their final pitches, with winners receiving continued support as they develop and grow their enterprises.
Business profiles of the finalists will also be published in a Deal Book for circulation at the AGRF and online, while individual profiles will be made public on the genafrica.org platform and reviewed for relevance to their investor community.
Applications are open from June 20 to July 29, 2022
Candidates are early-stage, growth-stage, or women-led AgTech companies with innovative solutions impacting smallholder farmers at scale.
Applicants should have:
- A clear and defined description on how their solution is impacting small holder farmers
- Strong organizational and operational structure
The applicant applying must:
- be aged 18-40 on the day of submission to the 2022 Pitch AgriHack Competition
- hold nationality (with official ID) from any of the 54 nations of the African Union
- be the founder/co-founder of the enterprise represented in the competition and play an active role in its operations and leadership
- have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offences
- Not be a previous Pitch AgriHack finalist or winner
- must submit the application form in English
- must agree with the Terms & Conditions