Call for Young African Agrifood Changemakersjuin 13, 2022
Are you a young farmer or agripreneur in Africa who is introducing new technologies or approaches to tackle climate change, food loss and waste, or malnutrition?
Are you a community organizer or a policy advocate who is creating inclusive space for people to access sufficient, healthy food?
Are you a changemaker working towards fairer and more sustainable agrifood systems?
The World Food Forum (WFF) Africa team is calling for nomination of young African changemakers who are striving to make our agrifood systems fairer and more sustainable and who can share their strong visions, recount their actions and inspire others to follow.
WFF is an independent, youth led global network of partners facilitated by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) with the aim to spark a global movement that empowers young people everywhere to actively transform agrifood systems to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and a better food future for all. The selected change makers will be featured in a story series on the regional page of our WFF website and are invited to take active part of the WFF community and movement to transform our agrifood systems in their own unique ways.
Nomination and selection criteria
- Younger than 35 years old
- Identifies as African or is someone actively working to change agrifood systems in Africa
- Has their own vision of how to change Africa’s agrifood systems
- Has been taking concrete actions in accordance with her/his vision
- Supports the vision and goals of WFF*
- Is eager to inspire others by sharing their visions and experiences
(*All WFF activities are pro bono/performed on a voluntary basis)
Nomination and selection process
- One can nominate 1) her/himself or 2) others she/he knows well.
- Nominations can be submitted online at this link
- The WFF Africa team will reach out to selected candidates in the order applications are received. Applications will be accepted until 31 July 2022.
Momoka Tamura, WFF Africa Regional Outreach Coordinator Momoka.Tamura@fao.org