APPLY FOR NUTRITION OFFICERaoût 12, 2021
The Nutrition Officer is a critical part of the UCB pilot programme’s staffing structure. Once Nutrition officer per county will be placed at the county office and will be responsible for day-to-day coordination of the cash plus-nutrition activities in the Universal Child Benefit (UCB) pilot programme. He/She will play a critical role in promoting coordination of the nutrition plus activities in the target sub-county. The position holder will coordinate with the county health department to ensure delivery of the project objectives and work closely with the community health volunteers, and establish or strengthen community groups such as Mother to Mother support groups. The UCB pilot will address key risks and vulnerabilities faced by children, such as higher risks of malnutrition, exclusion and greater probability of experiencing violence in the home.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Organize trainings for Ministry of Health staff and community health volunteers on nutrition system strengthening including promotion of Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) initiatives through community campaigns.
- Coordinate nutrition messaging to mother-to-mother support groups.
- Ensure availability and distribution of IEC materials, nutrition protocols and supplies, reporting tools etc. to the relevant CHVs in coordination with the couty Governments Ministry of Health.
- Support Ministry of Health staff to scale up of participartory food demonistration initiatives at community level to enhance micronutrient intake among children.
- Coordinate with county to identify any other training needs, assist in defining training needs, develop strategies to achieve targets and coordinate training activities.
- Coordinate and maintain strong partnerships with the county government and other actors in health and nutrition at county, sub-county and community levels.
Provide technical support where needed to county government in nutrition surveillance. Support the MoH to conduct annual SMART, SQUEC and any other surveys follow up implementation of recommendations
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL)
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team and other project staff in monitoring and evaluation of project activities including preparation of monitoring reports, documents and lessons learned.
- Share case studies, human-interest stories, documentaries and other related materials with MEAL Unit
- Participate in milestone meetings for monitoring of the progress of the programme such as reviews meetings at county level.
- Collect complaints and feedback during field activities and ensure that these are shared with MEAL officers for updating of the CFRM database.
- Ensure exchange and sharing of experience, lessons learnt, best practices and new methods to county officials, programme staff, other SCI partners as well as within the organization in collaboration with the health and nutrition teams.
Contract Duration: 12 Months (with possibility of extension)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Work Location: Kajiado, Embu and Kisumu
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in health sciences / health systems (Nutrition, Nursing, Public health).
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional work experience in Nutrition Programming.
- Intense understanding of the MOH and county health departments, particularly integration of donor funded programmes into county plans.
- Effective working relationships with stakeholders from government agencies, international organisations, donors, academics and opinion-leaders.
- Experience in training and capacity building.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the nutrition and health field.
- Good presentation and persuasion skills.
- Commitment to SCI Values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
Clik here for more informations